Saturday, February 9, 2008

M’sian premier Badawi: I'm working hard for nation's prosperity


GEORGE TOWN: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi yesterday said he was aware of his responsibilities and had been working hard for the country’s continued growth and prosperity.

“You can say I am not good enough. You can say whatever but don’t say that I don’t work. I work very hard. I mean it and you know it,” he said to loud applause from guests at the Penang Chinese Town Hall here for a Chinese New Year open house.

In his speech, Abdullah said as a Muslim he had an obligation to fulfill his duty and would carry it out diligently. “It is the will of God that I have become the prime minister and it is my responsibility to work and serve the people.

“I have not benefited one sen from anyone for what I have done. Some people want to give me money but I don’t need it. The government takes good care of its prime minister.”

Abdullah stressed that in fulfilling his responsibilities, he had to be fair to all races and called on everyone to work together to create a prosperous country. “As Malaysians, we must always feel we are among friends even though we are from the minority group when a function is organized. If we can have mutual respect among us, then we will be all right,” he said.

source:

No comments:

Post a Comment