Friday, February 8, 2008

Former F1 driver Schumacher to race in Touring Cars


Former Formula One driver Ralf Schumacher looks set to continue his career with Mercedes-Benz in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM), according to reports here.
The 32-year-old had his second test drive for Mercedes-Benz on Tuesday at Estoril, Portugal, and was positive about his experience. "I wouldn't be driving here if the DTM car wasn't a great deal of fun for me," Schumacher told German tabloid Bild on Wednesday. "And, it goes without saying, if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't seriously consider racing in DTM."
Having won six Grand Prix in his 11 years in Formula One, Schumacher had his first test drive for Mercedes in mid-January and now wants to make sure he puts the experience to good use. "Now, I want to use every minute for getting to know the car," said Schumacher, whose Toyota contract expired at the end of last season. "After all, I'm new to the DTM business and would have to get to know everything and used to racing the car."
And after such a positive start, Mercedes bosses in Stuttgart are expecting an answer by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment